By participating in Yale’s annual United Way campaign, you can positively impact the lives of all people, including children and families in the greater New Haven area.
As President Peter Salovey put it in his inaugural address, Yale University and New Haven are “forever coupled; our destiny is shared.”
Last year, your contributions provided services to 46,005 people and families across our 12-town region. United Way funding:
- Housed 220 chronically homeless individuals, saving society $16,000 per person annually.
- Offered support to 2,527 public school students enrolled in the New Haven Trauma Coalition.
- Provided free tax return preparation that returned over $7M to our region to 4,503 low-income families.
- Partnered with 19 community providers to expand access to healthy food, serving 310,239 meals to families last year.
- Answered 52,418 2-1-1 calls from people who needed help.
With a focus on education, financial stability, and health, United Way-funded programs work towards creating lasting solutions for families and communities. Please consider giving today.