This year GivingTuesday falls on December 3, the Tuesday after Thanksgiving—right after Black Friday and Cyber Monday– and offers the opportunity to join others across the world to support causes they believe can make a difference in their community.
It’s worth noting that United Way of Greater New Haven is a participating non-profit organization of GivingTuesday. If you have already given to our Yale-United Way campaign, thank you! If not, there is still time to consider a gift, volunteer your time, and participate in various fun-raising events.
Giving to United Way of Greater New Haven
Here are a few points to keep in mind when considering a gift:
- Your dollars stay local—within the 12-town region.
- Your gift is tax deductible. Your payroll stub or cancelled check serves as verification for tax purposes.
- United Way directs funds to the most impactful programs and can leverage additional funds through grants and cost-effective purchases.
- You can choose to have your donations designated to a focus area: health, education, or financial stability. You can also select a qualified 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- Payroll deduction is the easiest way to make a donation.
Most importantly, give in a way that works for you. People and families in need will deeply appreciate your generosity.